A Note From the Front Office
Thank you all for your patience and continued support. We are very excited to be back at school with your child and pleased to see how smoothly the transition has gone. Summer is in full swing and we are having a great time teaching and learning with our students! This month we are celebrating Independence Day and students are jumping into action, playing games, exploring nature, being creative, and participating in other fun summer-themed activities. We can’t wait to see what the rest of the summer holds for us.
Reminders for July:
1. Operating hours are 7:30am-5:30pm. Drop off times are 7:30-9:00 and pick-up times are 4:00-5:30. We kindly ask families to put notes in our Links2Home app to alert staff of any special notes and your proposed arrival and pick up times.
2. Students and staff will go through health checks outside the center before being allowed to enter the center.
3. At this time, parents must provide a cold, packed lunch. Lunch boxes must contain and icepack and be labeled with your child’s first and last name. You may pack a thermos to keep food warm, but we cannot heat any food at school. We will provide all cups and utensils the students will need throughout the day.
4. Backpacks: Please send your child to school with a backpack. Inside the backpack, please have an extra change of clothing, underwear, shoes, and a blanket for nap time. Students nap items are limited to two items and MUST fit inside your child’s backpack. This backpack will be sent home daily and will remain in your child’s cubby while they are at school.
5. To help minimize the spread of germs, we will be turning off the water fountains in the classrooms and outside. In lieu of this, Discovery Isle will provide disposable cups and water for our students to drink throughout the day. Please do not bring personal water bottles or sippy cups as they are not permitted.
6. Toys from home will not be permitted at school.
7. No adults other than staff will be allowed into the building.
8. Tuition payments are due by the 5th of the month.
9. School will be closed on Friday, July 3- please check out our July 2020 Events
Again, we truly appreciate the support from our families as we work together to make everyone’s safety and education our number one priority!
~Ms. Vanessa & Ms. Michelle
From our Education Department